Journo Jess with the ITV News Central Team
I have a contact, Sarah Jones, who used to be a correspondent and news anchor for ITV News Central. Sarah put me in touch with Tejinder Kaur, Content Editor for ITV News Central. After speaking with Tejinder, she then offered me a work experience position with ITV News Central from August 5 – 7, 2019.
My duties included:
- Shadow Production Journalists’ Zoe Muldoon and Lewis Warner produce content for broadcast television and the web using the Avid Media iNews workflow system.
- Observe the technical production team – Production Journalist Sonia Matharu – as she input the weather videos received from other news station locations for the East and West Midlands news segments.
- Watch Production Journalist Carl Sargent receive and transcode videos/pictures using interplay to input videos/pictures into the news segments.
- Shadow the morning and afternoon monthly, weekly, and programming meetings with Production Journalists’ Awo Tarabi and Rachel Ward, Planning Editor Tom Lowe, and Programme & Digital Editor Nimesh Joshi.
- Sat in the gallery to watch Sameena Ali-Khan and Bob Warman present the 1 p.m and 6 p.m. news segments, while also learning from Production Journalists’ about Shotoku – the professional-grade manual and robotic camera support equipment.